Wednesday, August 3, 2011

One-Woman-Men.... an Urban Legend???

When a women meets a man and together embark on a new relationship, unless that man highlights his intentions to see other woman, a psychological contract is formed that he is a OWM or a "One Woman Man"!

Now let me make this clear as in the past, a OWM was believed to refer to a mans marital status and the practice of polygamy.  I am not referring to marital status and hence polygamy (which was a big misconception of the term formed within historical religious communities as it was not accepted by the Roman society nor by the Scripture).  I am referring to a mans sexual purtiy and moral to honor that psychological contract.

In today's Anno Domini era, the term OWM not only concerns married men and men who are in a relationship, but men in general!

This is because the shelf life of an average relationship is getting shorter and shorter... sad, but true!


Point is, my male friends; why is the attention and desire of one woman not enough these days no matter who that woman is?

Are One-Woman-Men simply an Urban Legend???

I really hope that the answer to that question is a 'No', but i'm not so sure anymore!!!



3 comments:

  1. Dina, for many years I thought I was in a relationship with someone who was a OWM. I found out the hardest way possible that he wasn't and have heard countless similar stories from friends who have all been through the same. Unfortunately OWM don't seen to exist anymore. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. ladies I have and always will be a OWM perhaps I am a dying breed old fashioned I cannot understand the desire to wander when you have found that perfect women. We could debate this subject for a long time even to the point of is there a OMW as to reasons well its a matter of the heart and sometimes rationale does not replace feelings of the heart. I have been in two relationships where the opposite has happened one does not recover quickly when your heart has been broken

    ReplyDelete
  3. if a guy is not cheating on you, cares for you, is responsible, charming and bright... cant you give him a bit of space only so much that he is allowed to enjoy being praised? that doesnt disqualify him from OWM category unless he cheats or develops feelings for someone else. rest is all window shopping by guys. im open to criticism on this comment.

    ReplyDelete