Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Perfect Rose... 25 years and counting!

They say that in Victorian times, a man would present a bouquet of roses to his beloved woman that held much meaning once the flowers were looked at.  These bouquets were called "tussie-mussies" and every relationship began with their presentation.

Well ladies, unfortunately for us, we no longer live in Victorian times.  These days, the only time a woman would be presented a rose or a "tussie-mussies" is if she's sick, in farewell or graduating.... every now and then one in a thousand gets lucky and recieves a bouquet on Valentine's Day, but point is that the evocative meaning of the 'rose' has dissipated with time and the power that a Rose once held is now inexistent!!!

This really saddens me, as I refuse to let such a wonderful symbol of love, honor and faith become 'just another flower' where these days you find in tasteless bouquets mixed with lillies, daisies and lotuses.

So allow me to educate the oh-so-confused modern day man and remind the oh-so-hopelessly-romantic modern day woman of the true meaning of the ROSE and bring back the Victorian Romance...


Yellow Rose: "I really care about you as a friend"


White Rose: "I really care about you more than a friend"


Amber Flush Rose: "You have a special place in my heart, although i'm confused"


Pale Pink Rose: "I'm trying to lead you on but have no genuine intentions" -  hence the most hideous color of all roses!


Pale Peach Rose: "You make me really happy and I wish to do the same"



Orange Rose: "I desire you"

Dark Pink Rose: "I adore you"



Red Rose: "I love you"


Purple Rose: "You are my everything"

Believe it or not, I have never had a man give me flowers my whole life, which means that i've never had the pleasure of receiving a Rose... of any color!

25 years on... and i'm still waiting for my Purple Rose

2 comments:

  1. well may be something good is there for you in the future..and what all u have experienced would have been a learning curve for you..so "wait for it"..and look at the right place..may be u r missing something ..u would definitely get the "rose" you want

    good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey the best thing about the Purple Rose is it being Purple. The color is a balanced mix of Red and Blue. It brings the raw intensity and passion of Red (symbolizes Love), while on the other hand it has the calmness and maturity of blue (symbolizes eternity). And to have a complete balance of the kind is really special.

    But I am sure, every journey has an end, every heart shall have its find. I wish it to be soon, or the heart often ends in giving up..!!

    ReplyDelete