Friday, September 24, 2010

My Geek Charming

Franklin Jones once said that "love doesn't make the world go round.  love is what makes the ride worthwhile"...

It feels as if my whole life this far has been nothing more than a journey preparing me for my real life for when it begins... yet when i think about the moment which defines the beginning of my real life i cant steer away from one thing... the four letter word which can make me feel joyful and miserable at the same time... L.O.V.E

I am not one who gets emotionally attached to anyone... yet i am a hopeless romantic... i am in love with the idea of being in love yet for the past 25 years that's all it seems to be... an idea

my idea of love is my irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired...  its finding that someone who will look at me without judging me at a time when the whole world is... someone who can give me reason to go on with my life at a time when i can no longer go on living... someone who can inspire me at a time when the canvas i call my life has been painted grey... someone who can give me peace at a time of war... someone who will define then redefine my idea of love

we are all in search of love whether we know it or not... for some reason we believe that by finding love we will find happiness... i will be the first to admit that i do believe in this... i do believe that the day i find love is the day that i will find happiness

turning my life upside down and moving to Dubai gave me hope again... new place... new people... a chance at finding love... yet here i am a year and a half later feeling extremely loveless

most women are constantly searching for their prince charming... but not me... i don't need a good looking man or a wealthy one... i need a wise man... a man who will have respect for me... but more importantly a man who will love me more than i will ever love him... i am looking for my Geek Charming

According to William Shakespeare, love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs. Being purged, a fire sparkling in lover's eyes. Being vexed, a sea nourished with lovers' tears. What is it else? A madness most discreet, a choking gall and a preserving sweet.  If that truly defines love then i am more than ready for it... for i have long had the fire burning within me... have been vexed in my journey to love and have shed many tears... and now here i am... ready for the sour and sweet madness they call L.O.V.E...

3 comments:

  1. Very Intense and Deep.

    " but more importantly a man who will love me more than i will ever love him.."

    Funny, I was speaking about this phrase to myself lately, but with a small difference (replace "man" with "lady" :)

    I like your posts.

    Thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha i guess it just shows that we're all after the same thing at the end of the day

    Glad you like it.. thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what do you mean by the past 25 years? single for that long?

    and wat a cute comment WSA, "replace man by lady hint hint" hahaha.. and a diplomatic answer... awkward

    ReplyDelete